Aerial view of Park in 1957, the year we started. Washington Park pool is in the upper right(built in 1939 and closed in 1968, later demolished). The track and practice field is to the left of the pool and behind Park.
Joan of Arc was donated by the class of 1904 at the old Racine High School and moved to Park in 1928. We remember her sitting in front of the trophy case at the main entrance to Park, but it appears she has been moved to the library in this photo.
Racine Public Library
McMynn Towers Where U of WI Racine Extension was located.
Memorial Hall where our Proms were held.
Memorial Hall Front Entrance
Red Room entrance - Our Union Hall for the students of U W Extension Racine Remember? ;-)
The Old Elks Building still looking good!
Racine`s Harbor with Coast Guard Station no longer used, new condos and the corner of the Raddison.
Festival Hall Park Sculpture
Root River, Main St. Bridge, State St. and Lake Ave.
East of Festival Hall Park
Johnson Building downtown Racine
Information on Main St. Downtown Racine.
Dunn Bros. Coffee Shop in the `old` Nelson Hotel which housed the Johnson Bank.